Volunteers Needed for St. Lucie County Homeless Advisory Committee
- LUCIE COUNTY – Volunteers are needed to serve on St. Lucie County’s newest advisory board – the Homeless Advisory Committee.
St. Lucie County Commissioners are seeking residents to provide input to address homelessness in our area through this new committee. St. Lucie County Commissioners will be appointing residents to serve on this new nine-member advisory board. Applications should be submitted before Friday, Aug. 19.
The minimum requirements to serve a four-year term on this board include:
- Must be a St. Lucie County resident;
- Must not be related to another committee member, County Commissioner or county employee involved with the committee of interest;
- Must not be employed by the same business entity as other committee members;
- Must not serve on more than two county committees (does not apply to Ad Hoc Committees);
- Must be in one of the following professions: a social worker/case manager from a local non-profit or government agency; a mental health professional; a banker/financier with experience in affordable housing and/or a county business owner/stakeholder.
Once the Homeless Advisory Committee is established and meeting dates and locations are set, St. Lucie County encourages all residents and stakeholders to attend these meetings to provide valuable community input.
Applications and more information about each of the advisory boards is available on the county’s website at: www.stlucieco.org/boards.