The City of Port St. Lucie’s Guide to Holiday Events
PORT ST. LUCIE, FL – The holidays are upon us, and the City of Port St. Lucie has a variety of events planned to keep the season merry and bright. Here’s our guide to all the holiday happenings to help you plan so you won’t miss a minute of seasonal fun:
- St. Lucie Public Schools are out on Wednesday, Nov. 22. Let the City’s Parks & Recreation Department watch the kids while parents work or simply want a day to themselves to prepare for Thanksgiving. The City’s Kids Day Out Camp will be open on Wednesday, Nov. 22, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center for those ages 6 to 12. Kids can join us for a fun filled day of sports, games, crafts and more. Lunch is not provided so please pack a lunch and snack daily. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. If a 5 year old is in kindergarten, they are eligible to attend camp and must be able to provide documentation. For more information, please call (772) 878-2277. Cost is $14.35.
The City’s nightly light show at the Port St. Lucie Community Center will begin on Friday, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m. Come and enjoy this one-of-a-kind light and sound experience. Visitors can come back to the Winter Wonderland Light Show every night until Dec. 31. between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. to experience the dancing lights.
Contest and Bus Tour.
- Put your home on the City’s holiday lights map by participating in the #PSLinLights Contest and Bus Tour. The contest runs from Dec. 1 to Dec. 31 and the bus tour event will be Dec. 21 at 7 p.m., 8 p.m., 9 p.m. starting at the Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd. Contest: Submit photos of your house in holiday lights to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Facebook or Twitter with #PSLinLights to be entered into a contest for the best light display in PSL and be added to the City’s PSLinLights map. Join us on a bus tour event of several of the displays on Dec. 21. Reserve your spot at www.cityofpsl.com/pslinlights after Dec. 1! Besides bus tours, this event will include cookies, cocoa and visit with Santa.
Festival of Lights
- On Saturday, Dec. 2, join us for a Holly Jolly Beach Party at the City’s annual Festival of Lights. Join your neighbors gathered at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. to celebrate the 2017 holiday season. Participants will have the opportunity to sample local fare and do some holiday shopping among our arts and craft vendors This popular event will feature live music and make sure you stay for the parade themed “Holly Jolly Beach Party” at 6 p.m. Immediately following the parade, spectators will enjoy the ever-popular lighting of the holiday tree and photos with Santa.
- Spend the evening of Wednesday, Dec. 6 listening to sounds of the season at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center, where the Port St. Lucie Community Band will present its “Holiday Spectacular” concert. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets cost $9 in advance and $10 at the door. Call 772-807-4488 for tickets and more information. Or order tickets online at: http://www.etix.com/ticket/v/12082.
- The children of Port St. Lucie are in for a special treat on Tuesday Dec. 19 or Thursday Dec. 21 –- a phone call from Santa himself! Parents can pick up a “Santa’s Calling” form, complete it and return it to the Port St. Lucie Community Center by Friday, Dec. 8. Forms will be available at the Community Center, Port St. Lucie Civic Center, Minsky Gym and City Hall. With the help of a special operator, the children will receive their calls from Santa at pre-arranged times. Santa will offer a special holiday greeting and ask questions specific to that child’s information. Only local calls can be accepted.
How-To Seminar featuring A Holiday Wreath demonstration
- Please join us at the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens on Saturday on Saturday, Dec. 9 for a Propagation Center Plant & Pavilion Gift Shop Sale featuring the Delights of December. The plant & gift sale will begin at 9am and run through 1pm featuring everything for the Holiday Season and will include our How-To Seminar featuring A Holiday Wreath demonstration by Paul Renwick, Floral Specialist from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The plant sale is free and open to the public. The How-To Seminar is registration required at www.pslbg.org/how-to. The Seminar is Free to Garden Members or $25 for Non-Members and Non-Member Guests. Become a Member and the seminar is free
- Port St. Lucie’s monthly River Nights event will have a holiday theme on Thursday, Dec. 14 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the site of the City’s future riverfront park, just south of the Botanical Gardens, at 2410 SE Westmoreland Blvd. Come out and enjoy a festive night and soak in the views of the St. Lucie River. This event has live music with food and drinks for sale. Admission is free.
Pancakes with Santa
- On the morning of Friday, Dec. 15, children ages 7 and under can enjoy a morning of kids’ crafts, a visit from Santa, face painting, and of course, pancakes at the Port St. Lucie Community Center. The City’s Pancakes with Santa will begin at 9:30 a.m. and costs $7.50. Be sure to bring a camera for photo opportunities with the big man in red.
Special Needs Holiday Party and Luncheon.
- The City’s youth with special needs will have an opportunity to ring in the holiday season onWednesday, Dec. 13 from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Special Needs Holiday Party and Luncheon. Special Recreation participants ages 15 and up, along with family and friends, are invited to spend a special afternoon with lunch, laughter and friends. This will be at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center game room. Registration is recommended. Cost is $5. Please call 772-807-4499 for more information.
- There’s no need to wait in line at the mall to get a photo with Santa when you can take your children and grandchildren to Minsky Gym on Thursday, Dec. 14 to visit with Santa Claus. The Santa Claus Visit at Minsky Gym will take place from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for children ages 1 to 5 years old. Kids, have your lists ready because Santa wants to hear what you want for Christmas. Parents, please bring your camera to get some great shots of the children with Santa. After they visit with Santa, the children will receive some yummy treats. Parent participation is greatly encouraged. No registration is necessary, and the cost is $5 per child at the door.
- Finally, children ages 6 to 12 can spend some of their winter break at the City’s Holiday Camp. The camp will be open Dec. 26 to Dec. 29 and Jan. 2 to Jan. 5 at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center and Minsky Gym. The cost is $14.35 per day and runs from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Please call 772-878-2277.