Spay/Neuter Program Offered to St. Lucie County Residents in January
FORT PIERCE – In partnership with Operation SOS, the St. Lucie County Animal Safety, Services & Protection Division is offering a promotion to allow unincorporated county residents to have their cats or dog spayed/neutered and vaccinated for rabies in January for free.
This event will take place:
- Saturday, Jan. 12 and Saturday, Jan. 26 at the Indrio Crossings Plaza, located at 4846 N. Kings Highway, Fort Pierce. (Drop off is between 8 – 9 a.m. and pick up is by 4 p.m. Reservations are a must.)
- Monday, Jan. 14 and Monday, Jan. 28 at the Family Dollar, 3500 Ave D in Fort Pierce. (Drop off is between 8 – 9 a.m. and pick up is by 4 p.m. Reservations are a must.)
All participants must purchase a license ($10 for a one-year tag or $25 for a lifetime tag) to register with St. Lucie County and provide proof of residency with forms of ID (DL, utility bill, car registration, etc.) at the time of surgery to qualify. If you are unsure if you reside within the unincorporated areas of St. Lucie County, search your address in the St. Lucie County Property Appraiser – www.paslc.org – if the Jurisdiction reads “St Lucie County,” you qualify.
Residents must pre-register your pet(s) for surgery as space is limited. To schedule and pre-register visit www.OperationSOS.net. For questions, call 772-222-7717(weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
When registering be sure to select the “St. Lucie County Program” on step 2 in the “Income Qualifier Document” section. On step 3, select “St. Lucie County Voucher” in the “Add Package” section to get the Outreach Spay/Neuter Program discount.
Please refer to Operation SOS’s “Items To Consider Before Making An Appointment” and “Day Of Surgery” instructions for additional important information.
For safety purposes, all dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in carriers when arriving to the scheduled visit. If you are in need of a leash or cat carrier, please email the Animal Safety Coordinator at email@example.com for assistance.
Tips for the day of the surgery:
- No breakfast or treats; water is allowed
- Long potty walk for dogs prior to arrival
- Leave your pet in the car with the AC on until you are checked in and all paperwork is complete.