Port St. Lucie lights up a brighter, merrier holiday season
PORT SAINT LUCIE – Beginning Wednesday, Nov. 24, more than 200,000 LEDs will illuminate Port St. Lucie from dusk to dawn until Jan. 2, but the holiday cheer doesn’t end there.
The City also has planned family-friendly activities throughout the season, including dazzling lights and displays, a destination photo-op contest, a Facebook live holiday lights show, a residential outdoor holiday-decorating contest, a holiday lights map and seven festive outdoor events.
PSL photo-op contest
Twelve holiday-themed photo-op displays have popped up throughout Port St. Lucie, and residents are encouraged to take a family portrait or snap a selfie and send it to PSLCommunications@CityofPSL.com for a chance to win $150 in prizes.
PSLinLights Facebook live (virtual) holiday lights show
Airing on Facebook and PSLTV on Sunday, Dec. 19, at 7 p.m.:, PSLinLights Facebook live holiday lights show will take viewers on a tour of the most beautiful holiday lights displays and residential yard decorations in the City. Throughout the show, viewers also can win $25 gift cards during a live trivia contest! PSLTV is available on AT&T UVerse (Channel 99), Comcast (Channel 20) and Blue Stream Fiber (Channel 20). To be eligible to participate in the PSLinLights Facebook live holiday lights event, contestants must enter their home into the PSLinLights residential outdoor holiday-decorating contest by 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 12, 2021.
PSLinLights residential outdoor holiday-decorating contest
City elves have been working hard to spread holiday cheer and now they’re challenging residents to untangle their lights, pull out the inflatables and start decorating for the sixth annual PSLinLights Holiday Lights Contest. This outdoor holiday-decorating contest is a festive way to demonstrate community pride and light up the holiday season. Residents can sign up from Wednesday, Nov. 24 to Monday, Jan. 3 at www.CityofPSL.com/PSLinLights. The best part: it’s free to enter.
More than $200 in gift cards will be awarded to seven residents in three categories. Winners will be announced Friday, Jan. 7 on the City of Port St. Lucie’s website and Twitter and Facebook accounts. Winners also will be acknowledged at a future City Council meeting.
PSL holiday lights map
When holiday lights enthusiasts register their home in the PSLinLights residential outdoor holiday-decorating contest, the City adds the display information into a searchable database, creating a must-see holiday lights display list with photos and a map. The holiday lights map can be used by the entire community to create their own holiday lights tour of the City.
String your lights and deck the halls so everyone can enjoy the holiday season! For contest rules and entry information, visit www.CityofPSL.com/PSLinLights.
1. On select Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday nights, Nov. 26 through Jan. 9, from 5 to 9 p.m., the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, 2410 SE Westmoreland Blvd., will illuminate with whimsical garden displays. The Holiday Lights at The Gardens free event will feature music, performers, food trucks and over 2,500 LEDs. There will be 17 LED ice sculpture trees and a 16-foot-tall LED round walkthrough ornament display for a memorable holiday photo.
2. Every night, beginning Dec. 1 to Dec. 31, from 7-9 p.m., the Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., will be transformed into a Winter Wonderland Light Show. The one-of-a-kind light and sound experience features six leaping arches and trees adorned with festive lights. Admission is free.
3. Friday, Dec. 4, from 2-10 p.m.: Port St. Lucie’s official tree lighting ceremony will take place at Festival of Lights at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center, 9221 SE Event Center Place. This year’s theme is Disco in December. Enjoy fireworks, carnival and holiday shopping. Boogie with the Original Studio54 Band.
4. Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 11:30 a.m.: The Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., will host a festive Special Populations holiday lunch. Games and a special visit from Santa will be included in the $5 admission.
5. Friday, Dec. 17, from 9:30-11 a.m.: Bring the kids (ages 2-5) to the Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., for the Pancakes with Santa! This special event includes an early visit from Santa, a hot pancake breakfast, holiday crafts, festive music and holiday fun! There is a cost of $9.50 per child.
6. Friday, Dec. 17, from 6-9 p.m.: The PSLinLights Party at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center, 9221 SE Event Center Place, will feature a star-studded lineup of live holiday music and dance performances, photos with Santa, a holiday costume contest for pets and an interactive tour of some of the City’s most over-the-top residential holiday lights displays. Admission is free.
7. Saturday, Dec. 18, from 7-10 p.m.; Join in on the Hispanic cultural holiday celebration, Noche Buena Party, 2454 SE Westmoreland Blvd., with live music featuring four-time Grammy Award-winning musician Tomasito Cruz at The Event Lawn at The Port. Admission is $5 in advance and $10 at the gate.
Visit www.CityofPSL.com/PSLinLights for Port St. Lucie’s ultimate holiday lights displays and events.