15 year-old-girl who was badly burned in a bonfire has died
Fort Pierce, Fl (treasurecoast.com) – According to the Facebook page “Prayer for Layne” she passed away this morning.
Layne Chesney, a 16-year-old -girl from Ft Pierce was badly burned in a bonfire in 2017.
On New Year’s Eve Chesney poured gasoline on a bonfire. She was burned over 95% of her body and had over 200 surgeries.
Doctors originally told the Chesneys that Layne had a slim chance of surviving more than a day after the incident. The teen fought through over 80 surgeries and numerous skin grafts.
Layne was being treated at Kendall Regional Medical Center in Miami.
On Jan. 18, Layne was transferred to Shriners Hospitals for Children in Galveston, Texas, which specializes in burn patients, for more extensive treatment.
You can send your message to a Prayer for Lanie.