This is us! Indian Riverkeeper Marty Baum’s History Lesson!
Live video by Gayle Ryan
Here is Marty Baum, our Indian Riverkeeper at Mounts Botanical Garden in West Palm Beach. This lecture was for the Everglades Audubon Group. It was the final segment of their 7 part education series. Marty was the keynote.
Posted by Gayle Ryan on Monday, May 8, 2017
The Indian Riverkeeper mission by:
- Regularly patrolling the Lagoon in the Indian Riverkeeper patrol boat
- Advocating for public policy that benefits the well-being of the Lagoon and its watershed
- Investigating complaints involving pollution, dumping, fish kills, and algae blooms
- Participating in legal actions to defend the Lagoon and its watershed
- Assisting with scientific monitoring of water quality in the Lagoon and its watershed
- Speaking to civic clubs, regulatory agencies, legislators, and local governments about Lagoon issues
- Educating children and the community at large about the Lagoon
- Encouraging community participation in efforts to protect and restore the Lagoon
For more information on the Indian Riverkeeper.
(Note from Cyndi -I’m at about 10:00. I’m the person who sat in the dirt and shot that the whole day and posted it for the world to see! Thank you for including me. I’ll forever be known as the lady who sat in the dirt and made”politicians crap their pants!”)