MARTIN COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR TO BEGIN MARCH 20, 2017
Kindergarten registration for the 2017-18 school year in the Martin County School District begins next month.
Parents and guardians of children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2017 should register with the elementary school in their attendance zone starting March 20, 2017.
Parents and guardians should contact the individual schools directly for details on registration times. By registering early, parents and guardians help the schools in their planning for the correct number of classes and teachers.
Important kindergarten registration reminders:
All medical information must be current. Parents and guardians should plan ahead since physicians’ offices become very busy just prior to the start of the school year.
To register, parents and guardians need to bring:
· The child’s original birth certificate or other lawful evidence of date of birth [1003.21(4)].
· Two (2) proofs of residency are required to register a student indicating the address at which the student resides with his/her parent(s) or legal guardian. Examples of acceptable documents are as follows, and all sources of evidence must coincide (current utility bill with service address indicated; State of Florida driver’s license; current year property tax bill; lease agreement with name of tenant, landlord, and contact information for all parties; home purchase contract including closing date and a copy of property deed to be provided in thirty (30) days).
· A current physical examination on Form #3040 (to be valid, the physical must have been completed within a year of school entry date and signed by a licensed physician)
· A Florida Certificate of Immunization Record (Form #680) completed by a physician or the Martin County Health Department. Please see immunization requirements below:
Martin County School District 2017-18 Kindergarten Registration to Begin March 20, 2017
March 1, 2017
All kindergarten students are required to have the following immunizations:
· Five doses of Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis Vaccine (four if last dose was on or after the fourth birthday)
· Four doses of Polio Vaccine (three doses if the last dose was on or after the fourth birthday. If the fourth dose was given before the fourth birthday, a fifth dose is required for entry into kindergarten.)
· Two doses of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccine
· Three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine
· Two doses of the Varicella Vaccine (if the child has not had the chicken pox)
For a map of attendance zones and school locations, please visit http://geoweb.martin.fl.us/SchoolAttendance/.
Informative flyers for parents, “Getting Ready for Kindergarten: What Parents Can Do,” are available on the Martin County School District web site at http://www.martinschools.org/files/_6KLGk_/a738630787567af73745a49013852ec4/Getting_Ready_for_K_-_SR.pdf.
Elementary School Contact Information
School Telephone number
Bessey Creek Elementary 772-219-1500
Citrus Grove Elementary 772-223-2513
Crystal Lake Elementary 772-219-1525
Felix A. Williams Elementary 772-219-1640
Hobe Sound Elementary 772-219-1540
Jensen Beach Elementary 772-219-1555
Palm City Elementary 772-219-1565
J.D. Parker School 772-219-1580
Pinewood Elementary 772-219-1595
Port Salerno Elementary 772-219-1610
SeaWind Elementary 772-219-1625
Warfield Elementary 772-597-2551