Youth of the Year Leadership Day
WHEN: January 25, 2017
On January 25th the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County is hosting their Youth of the Year Leadership Day. This is a special day for four local teenage Boys & Girls Club members, who are candidates for the county Youth of the Year Competition. They will travel throughout the county and meet with leaders of the community. Club members will start by having breakfast with both Port St. Lucie and Fort Pierce Mayors. They will then tour the County offices, tour SLC airport, tour Indian River State College, and finally participate in a panel discussion with business leaders. This panel discussion will include, Terissa Aronson from the St. Lucie Chamber of Commerce, Travis O’Neal from Christ Fellowship, Wayne Gent from St. Lucie Public Schools, Amar Williams from Gary Williams, Parenti, Watson & Gary, P.L.L.C and Daphane Cooper from IRSC. It will be a town hall style discussion where Club members and panel will engage in dialogue on topics such as local business, our community and leadership. The Youth of the Year candidates have been selected for this important role based on embodying the values of leadership and service, academic excellence and healthy lifestyles. Being named Youth of the Year is the highest honor a Boys & Girls Club member can receive.
- 8:30am 4 Candidates Arrive BOCC office 3rd Floor (2300 Virginia Ave, Fort Pierce, FL 34982), for breakfast with Fort Pierce & Port St. Lucie Mayors, and Commissioner Chris Dzadovsky.
- 9:30am Break apart for 15 minutes with 4 Commissioners. Tod Mowery, Linda Bartz, Frannie Hutchinson, Cathy Townsend. One Candidate per Commissioner office.
- 9:45am Gather downstairs and depart on county Trolley to Airport
- 10/10:15am Arrive at SLC Airport (3000 Curtis King Blvd, Fort Pierce, FL 34946). One hour FBO tour with Airport Director, Chris. Ride back on county Trolley to BOCC building.
- 11:45am Arrive to IRSC main campus (3209 Virginia Avenue, FtP 34981), building A for headshots with Andy.
- 12:00-1:15pm Indian River State College for Lunch & tour with Dr. Massey. Kight Center, Bldg V
- 1:30-2:15pm Candidates arrive at WQCS 88.9 Radio Station on IRSC campus, Diana, Bldg Q
- 2:30pm Starbucks Coffee Break (@IRSC KSU building)
- 2:45pm-3:30pm Lynmoore at Lawnwood, Fort Pierce for a Community Service Project (1550 N Lawnwood Cir, Fort Pierce, FL 34950).
- 3:45pm 4 Candidates and Panelists Arrive at 3104 Avenue J, Fort Pierce
- 4:05 – 5:30pm Garden Terrace Unit Leadership Day concludes. Candidates ask local panelist predetermined questions focusing on Leadership, Character & Service, Academic Excellence and Healthy Lifestyles.WHO:
Boys & Girls Clubs Youth of the Year Candidates
Marikia Jones candidate from Garden Terrace Unit
Aleshia Johnson candidate from Infinity Unit
Jennifer Louis candidate from Chuck Hill Unit
Resharrd Coleman candidate from Ken Pruitt Unit
Contact: Maygan Johnson, Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County firstname.lastname@example.org, 772-460-9918
YOY Candidates: (Left to Right) Aleisha Johnson, Resharrd Coleman, Marikia Jones, Jennifer Louis