St. Lucie Public Transportation Offers New Evening Hours, Saturday Service
Beginning Monday, July 17, the 4, 5 and 6 will offer extended hours. It will include evening weekday hours and new Saturday service.
St. Lucie County Transit, in partnership with the Federal Transit Administration, the Florida Department of Transportation and in coordination with the Council of Aging of St. Lucie, Inc. /Community Transit, offers extended hours on Routes 1-6.
The weekday hours will be 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturday service from 8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 4 p.m.
To find out more about the Treasure Coast Connector call 772-464-RIDE (7433) or visitwww.slcride.org You can also download the Route Shout app (http://m.routeshout.com) for smart phones to obtain bus stop and route information, map your trip, save your favorites and track the current location of buses
Rules for the bus
- No smoking, eating or drinking on the bus.
- Strollers are not permitted; except for umbrella strollers.
- Passengers must be able to carry on any packages. If using a shopping aid, you must be able to carry on the bus.
- You must wear shoes and a shirt.
- You may play your cell phone, radio or CD player with headphones only and at a low volume.
- Cell phone conversations shall not distract drivers or passengers.
- No motorized or electric bikes on bike racks, bikes inside, or pets except assistance animals
- Drivers do not carry change. You must have a pass, ticket or exact fare.
- Do not talk to drivers while they are driving the bus.
- Cursing or the use of profanity or vandalism will not be tolerated on the bus.
- Please leave the front seats of the bus for those riders who are elderly or disabled.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before standing.
- All service is wheelchair accessible. Lift will be deployed only for wheelchairs.