St. Lucie Libraries Adult Learning Series Offer Everything from Painting to Gardening
- LUCIE COUNTY – Learning should be a lifelong process, which is why St. Lucie County Libraries provide a variety of adult programs with sessions on painting, history, gardening and more.
Adult Programs for March include:
- Garden Chat focused on pruning on Wednesday, March 3 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Lakewood Park Branch.
- Art in the Afternoon: Diamond Dotz Painting on Wednesday, March 9 from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Kilmer Branch Library. Diamond Dotz painting is a mix between paint by numbers and cross-stitch. Create your masterpiece with a colorful and relaxing art project. All supplies are provided. Space is limited.
Celebrate Women’s History Month with Pioneering Women on the New 2022 Quarters on Tuesday, March 15 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Kilmer Branch. This lecture is presented by members of the Treasure Coast Genealogical Society.
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Rock Painting session on Thursday, March 17 from 2:30 to 3:3 p.m. at the Morningside Branch. Adults can get into the rock painting craze with an afternoon of painting rocks with St. Patrick’s Day themes. The finished products are fun to hide around town or give as a gift. All supplies provided.
Diamond Dotz Painting returns Thursday, March 17 from 4:30 to 6 p.m. at the Lakewood Park Branch. Make your own Diamond Dotz keychain. Most suitable for ages 16 and older. All supplies are provided. Space is limited.
- Ukulele Jam on Thursday, March 17 at 5:30 p.m. at the Morningside Branch. In partnership with the Treasure Coast Ukulele Club, bring your own instrument or check one out from the library.
- Famous Florida Women Lecture on Saturday, March 26 at 2 p.m. at the Morningside Branch. Celebrating Women’s History Month, Indian River State College Professor Ronald Grenville discusses the importance of women in Florida history.
Weekly Events for Adults:
- Gardening Advice at the Morningside Branch: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Writer’s Workshop at the Morningside Branch on Thursdays at 9 a.m.
- Off the Hook Crochet session at the Hurston Branch on Thursdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Don’t forget the library has specialized equipment available from sewing machines at the Hurston Branch to 3D printing and vinyl cutting equipment at the Lewis Branch. Additionally, the library’s online digital resources provide access to Rocket Language to help learn a second language and Mometrix eLibrary, which is a library of prep tests right at your fingertips including ACT, AP, CLEP, TOEFL, Florida State Assessments and more.
All of these events are free. St. Lucie County Libraries are located at:
- Susan B. Kilmer Branch, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce / 772-462-1615
- Lakewood Park Branch, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce / 772-462-6870
- Zora Neale Hurston Branch, 3008 Avenue D, Fort Pierce / 772-462-2154
- Morningside Branch, 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie / 772-337-5632
- Port St. Lucie Branch, 180 SW Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie / 772-871-5450
- Paula A. Lewis Branch, 2950 SW Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie / 772-871-5470
Additional information can be found at www.stlucielibrary.org.