St. Lucie County Libraries Create Family Memories with Children’s Events for November
ST. LUCIE COUNTY – St. Lucie County Libraries promote literacy and socialization skills with a variety of activities for toddlers to teens this November.
- S.T.E.A.M. Power! Explore the world of science, technology, engineering, art & math in fun ways. Learn about weather, rainbows, color, motion and more. Most suitable for students in grades K-5.
o Hurston Branch on Saturday, Nov. 6 at 2 p.m.
o Morningside Branch on Saturday, Nov. 6 at 2:30 p.m.
o Lewis Branch on Saturday, Nov. 13 at 2:30 p.m.
- Fall Family Fun Day on Friday, Nov. 12 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Lakewood Park Branch. Come by the library for a fun-filled afternoon of awesome fall activities from sidewalk chalk to bubbles for kids of all ages.
- Bi-lingual Storytime on Friday, Nov. 19 at 10:30 a.m. at the Lewis Branch Library. Enjoy a bi-lingual storytime in both English and Spanish. Most suitable for ages 3-5 years old.
- Make and Take Crafts. Stop by the library and enjoy some Thanksgiving-themed crafts to make and take home to treasure. Most suitable for students in grades K-5.
o Morningside Branch on Tuesday, Nov. 23 from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
o Hurston Branch on Wednesday, Nov. 24 from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Grad & Go Crafts at the Lewis Branch. Stop in for a different fun craft every month. These are available any time; all month long. Best suited for ages 5-10.
- Roblox every Saturday at the Lewis Branch from 10 a.m. to noon. Come enjoy Roblox, a virtual universe that lets you create and share experiences with your friends. Designed for children 10 and younger, this open play game is available on all children’s computers.
- Just Baby & Me on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. at the Lewis Branch and Thursdays at the Lakewood Park Branch. Songs, stories and movement – fun for you and your baby. For infants up to 2 1/2 years.
- Rhythm & Rhyme on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. at the Morningside Branch. Toddler story time: Early literacy through rhymes, stories, movement and more. For ages 2 1/2 years and older.
- Story Time Jam – Reading & Rhythm at 10:30 a.m. – Clap, dance and listen to stories. For ages 3 to 5.
o Tuesdays at the Lakewood Park Branch
o Thursdays at the Hurston Branch
o Fridays the Morningside, Lewis and Kilmer Branches
- Music & Motion for Kids at 10:30 a.m. Action songs, movement, singing, instruments and fun for ages under 6 with caregiver.
o Wednesdays at the Port St. Lucie Branch
o Thursdays at the Lewis Branches
o Fridays at the Lakewood Park and Hurston Branches.
Tweens and Teens:
- Off the Chain Crochet for Teens on Thursdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at the Hurston Branch. Do you know how to crochet or would you like to learn? Our teen program is open to all skill levels. Learn new stitches and techniques or just come and crochet with others.
- Video Game Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 20 at 2 p.m. at the Hurston Branch. Flex your Super Smash Bros. skills at the library. Most suitable for youth in grades 6-12, this event will allow students to compete in a tournament style competition with their favorite Super Smash Bros. characters.
- Young Teen Time on Saturday, Nov. 20 at 2:30 p.m. at the Lewis Branch. Best suited for grades 5-8, students will explore making Galaxy Slime.
All of these events are free. St. Lucie County Libraries are located at:
- Susan B. Kilmer Branch, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce / 772-462-1615
- Lakewood Park Branch, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce / 772-462-6870
- Zora Neale Hurston Branch, 3008 Avenue D, Fort Pierce / 772-462-2154
- Morningside Branch, 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie / 772-337-5632
- Port St. Lucie Branch, 180 SW Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie / 772-871-5450
- Paula A. Lewis Branch, 2950 SW Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie / 772-871-5470
Additional information can be found at www.stlucielibrary.org.