St. Lucie County Libraries Book Groups Announce January Lineup
- LUCIE COUNTY – Make a resolution to read more with help from the St. Lucie County Library System’s various book groups.
The In-person Book Groups will meet:
- Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 2 p.m., featuring “The Dictionary of Lost Words” by Pip Williams at the Lewis Branch’s Wednesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 2950 SW Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie -772-871-5470
- Thursday, Jan. 5 at 6 p.m. featuring “The Day the World Came to Town” by Jim DeFede at the Kilmer Branch’s Thursday Evening Book Discussion Group (In person or Zoom by calling 772-462-2199 for more information), 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce – 772-462-1615.
Friday, Jan. 6 at 3:30 p.m. featuring “Vera” by Carol Edgarian at the Lakewood Park Branch’s Friday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce – 772-462-6870.
- Tuesday, Jan. 11 at 2 p.m. featuring “Homegoing” by Yaa Gyasi at the Morningside Branch’s Tuesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 2410 Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie – 772-337-5632.
- Thursday, Jan. 20 at 10:30 a.m. featuring “Afterlife” by Julia Alvarez at the Kilmer Branch’s Thursday Morning Book Discussion Group, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce – 772-462-1615.
Friday, Jan. 21 at 1 p.m. featuring “The Art of Racing in the Rain” (2019) at the Kilmer Branch’s Page-to-Screen Book Discussion and Movie, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce – 772-462-1615. Read the book at home, watch the movie at the library and join the discussion. Based on the book by Garth Stein. This program is intended for those ages 18 and older. The film is rated PG with a running time of 109 minutes.
- Tuesday, Jan. 25 at 6 p.m. featuring “Butcher’s Hill” by Laura Lippman at the Morningside Branch’s Mystery Lovers Book Discussion Group, 2410 Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie – 772-337-5632.
These drop-in programs are open to all adults and offered at no charge. A limited number of copies of the monthly selection are available for check out at the branch.
For those book lovers who crave social interactions, but aren’t comfortable or able to meet in person, there is a Virtual Book Group on:
- Wednesday, Jan. 26 at 2 and 7 p.m., featuring “The Lincoln Highway” by Amor Towles. Check out your digital copy of the book on our website – unlimited copies will be available and pre-register using our online form at www.stlucielibrary.org. Additional information and a link to join the meeting will be sent via email. If you have questions about this meeting please call 772-462-2199 for assistance.
For more information about other St. Lucie County Library programs visitwww.stlucielibrary.org.
Back to TreasureCoast.com