Spay/Neuter Program Offers Fall Dates for St. Lucie County Residents
- LUCIE COUNTY – St. Lucie County’s Animal Safety, Services and Protection Division, in partnership with Operation SOS, is extending the Outreach Spay/Neuter Program by offering four different dates through the end of the year.
This program provides free spaying/neutering and rabies vaccinations for cats and dogs owned by residents in the unincorporated areas of St. Lucie County. All participants must register their pets with St. Lucie County by purchasing a county license ($10 for a one-year tag or $25 for a lifetime tag) at the time services are rendered.
The program will take place at Indrio Crossings Plaza, 4846 N Kings Hwy, (Operation SOS will be parked at the south end of the parking lot in front of the Dollar Tree) on the following dates: Saturday, Sept. 28, Oct. 19, Nov. 16 and Dec. 14. Drop off will take place between 8 to 8:30 a.m. with pick up between 2 – 4 p.m.
Participants must pre-register your pet(s) as space is limited. To pre-register visit www.OperationSOS.net. For questions, call 772-222-7717 (Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). When registering, be sure to select the “St. Lucie County Program” on Step 2 in the “Income Qualifier Document” section. On step 3, select “St. Lucie County Voucher” in the “Add Package” section to get the Outreach Spay/Neuter Program discount.
Additional services are available including microchips, distemper or e-collars. Please let the Operations SOS staff know if you would like these additional services when registering.
In addition to residing in the unincorporated area of St. Lucie County (outside city limits) and being registered with the county; the pet qualifications include:
- Must be between 2 – 80 pounds
- Between 16 weeks and 7 years old
- Males must have both testicles descended
- Dogs must be presented on secure a leash
- Cats must be in a secure carrier
All participants must provide proof of residency with forms of ID (DL, utility bill, car registration, etc.) at the time of surgery to qualify. If you are unsure if you reside within the unincorporated areas of St. Lucie County, search your address in the St. Lucie County Property Appraiser – www.paslc.org – if the Jurisdiction reads “St. Lucie County;” you qualify.
Tips for the day of the surgery:
- No breakfast or treats; water is allowed
- Long potty walk for dogs prior to arrival
- Leave your pet in the car with the AC on until you are checked-in and all paperwork is complete.
Sign up for alerts and daily digests- free all the time not just disasters www.treasurecoast.com