Soar High at the Stuart Air Show November 11-13
By Jackie Holfelder
Long before air travel was invented, Socrates said, “Man must rise above the Earth – to the top of the atmosphere and beyond – for only thus will be fully understand the world in which he lives.”
How lucky are Treasure Coast residents to be able to celebrate men, women and sleek machines that have mastered flying to the top of the atmosphere at the Stuart Air Show on November 12-13!
Celebrate aviation and the 75th anniversary of the US Air Force with thrilling, gravity-defying, jaw-dropping, and award-winning military and civilian aircraft and performers at the Stuart Air Show at historic Witham Field.
Taking to the skies will be:
- US Air Force F-16 Demonstration Team “Viper”
- US Air Force A-10 Demonstration Team “Warthog”
- US Air Force Heritage Flight, 25th Anniversary
- A twin ship P-51 Team “Mad Max” and “Little Witch”
- US Navy F-18 Demonstration Team “Rhino”
- US Navy Legacy Flight featuring Jim “Torc” Tobul and his rare Corsair
- Aeroshell Aerobatic Team, a precision multi-ship T-6 formation team
- Rob Holland, an international award-winning aerobatic “athlete” who defies gravity with every flight
- Kevin Coleman with his high-performance Extra 300 in striking Red Bull colors
- Qyon Aerosports, jet demonstration in the L-39 Albatross
- Younkin Airshows returns with the meticulously restored 1943 Twin Beech 18
- Vertigo Airshows, an aerobatic ballet in a Jet Sailplane named Salto
- Helicopter rides in a Huey UH1 by Friends of Army Aviation
- All Veteran Group Parachute Team and Round Canopy Parachute Team- USA
Additionally, The Stuart Air Show will feature an Air Force Heritage Flight Formation including an F-16 flown by Capt. Aimee “Rebel” Fielder, an A-10 flown by Capt. Haden Gator” Fullam, and a pristinely restored WWII era P-51 flown by recently retired US Air Force fighter pilot Tommy William.
Down on the ground, enjoy:
- AFTERSHOCK Jet Fire Truck
- Born to Fly, a US Air Force virtual experience
- DreamBig Entertainment, a “Top Gun” themed cockpit experience
- Qyon virtual simulator
- Static aircraft, both historical and futuristic
- Vietnam reenactment
- Military displays and encampments
- Dozens of exhibitors, vendors, and concessions
Air Force aircraft that will be on display include the C-17 Globemaster with expanded aeromedical capabilities, the C-130 Hercules, and the E-9A airborne sea surveillance platform.
Each year the Stuart Air show donates tens of thousands of dollars to area charities as well as service programs for children and Veterans.
For information on times, ticket prices, the latest information on performers, rides, attractions, upgrades, and the two exciting party options for the evening of Friday, November 11, visit www.stuartairshow.com.
Back to TreasureCoast.com