Romantic Honeymoons… By Land And By Sea
By Georgina Cruz
Right around this time love is in the air everywhere as the months of May, June and July approach, so popular for weddings, and many brides and bridegrooms are already dreaming of their honeymoons –probably the most important trip they will undertake together as it officially launches their married life. And also already married couples are probably planning trips to mark their anniversaries.
The most important prerequisites for a memorable wedding or anniversary trip are that both partners like the destination (so communication is important) and also key is that the place being considered for the trip be super-romantic.
Here are some options to consider –by land in Florida and by sea on cruises—to popular destinations. Many resorts and ships have a soft spot for lovers and offer gifts and other perks to newlyweds and couples celebrating an anniversary, including special packages, a cocktail party, or maybe a bottle of champagne or chocolate-covered strawberries, so it is important to notify them that yours is a wedding or anniversary celebration trip.
Four romantic options by sea
- If you know that the love you share with your partner is at the level of a legend, why not go together to places that are legendary for your honeymoon? The 740-guest Crystal Serenity from Crystal Cruises Exceptional At Sea, under the guardianship of top travel company Abercrombie & Kent, sets sail to jewels of that sea of legends, the Mediterranean, for a 12-day voyage from Marseilles to Lisbon on July 31. Along they way, the ship visits treasures of the French and Italian Rivieras including the glamorous cities of Monte Carlo, Cannes and Portofino.
Additionally, highlights include stops at Cartagena, Ibiza, Malaga and Barcelona in Spain –imagine how much you will enjoy the party ambiance of the island of Ibiza and the cultural riches of Barcelona, where the ship spends two days. On board the Crystal Serenity, there are multiple opportunities for romance including nine restaurants including celebrity chef’s Nobu Matsuhita’s Umi Uma, six bars and lounges for dancing, a theater, a world-class spa and fitness facilities and a gorgeous swimming pool with ample sunning areas. “The Crystal Serenity has a refined and romantic ambiance,” said Vickie Mayhill, a guest from Vero Beach, who celebrated several anniversaries on the ship, “we are already planning to return next summer for our 10th anniversary.” Visit www.crystalcruises.com.
- The warm welcome of the tropics is an invitation to love. If you dream of swimming with your partner in a beach with turquoise waters and sugar-white sands on a private island, Disney Cruise Line offers a varied menu of sailings to the Bahamas.
Among the itineraries there is a four-night cruise from Miami on the Disney Magic with three departures in June. One of the stops is in the line’s private island, Castaway Cay. Disney ships have areas that are exclusive for adults in addition to family areas. Visit www.disneycruise.com.
- Why not take your love to the top of the world? The deluxe expedition ship, Silver Endeavor, of Silversea Cruises offers a 14-day voyage to the Arctic from Reykjavik, Island on June 3. Experts, including naturalists, biologists and geologists come along to interpret the wonders and the sailing ends in Tromso, Norway on June 17. Visit www.silversea.com.
You already know that when you are with your love it is paradise, so why not go together to the exotic eden of the Galapagos? Celebrity Xploration’s Celebrity Cruises offers seven-night itineraries to these islands from Baltra, Ecuador with several departures in June, including June 10. Visit www.celebritycruises.com.
Four romantic options in Florida
- Maybe you dream of a palace in Miami? You can try the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, a suburb of Miami.
This hotel is famous for its 21,000 square foot swimming pool and its bell tower, inspired in the Giralda Tower of that super-romantic city, Seville, Spain. Visit www.biltmorehotel.com.
Nature lovers may consider Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in Disney World in Orlando. Wild flowers in lovely gardens greet guests to this deluxe property inspired by the National Park Lodges of the 20thcentury. There is a geyser on the grounds that sends plumes of water up to 120 feet high and an 82-foot-high fireplace. Visit www.disneyworld.com.
- Couples who like “chic” accommodations may opt for the Brazilian Court Hotel & Beach Club in Palm Beach. The rooms are decorated in Mediterranean style with imported fabrics, European mattresses, Egyptian linens and jetted tubs. Café Bouloud is Chef Daniel Boulud’s and offers gourmet dishes and Worth Avenue with its designers’ boutiques in steps away. Visit www.thebraziliancourt.com.
If you prefer a South Seas ambiance but in Florida—Loews Hotels’ Royal Pacific Resort Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando offers it.
Architecture and décor are inspired in that idyllic part of the world and there is a lagoon-style pool, and six restaurants and bars. Visit Orlando Luxury Resorts | Loews Royal Pacific Resort (loewshotels.com).
Link to photos: Honeymoons