Martin County Post Irma Update
Post-storm updates; FEMA assistance, FPL, relief from the heat
Martin County homeowners, renters and businesses may now apply for federal disaster assistance for uninsured and underinsured damages and losses resulting from Hurricane Irma. To apply:
- Online: www.disasterassistance.gov
- Smartphone: Downloading FEMA app through www.fema.gov
- FEMA Toll-Free Helpline: 800-621-3362
- FEMA Toll-Free Helpline for deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disability: 800-462-7585
- U.S. SBA Disaster Loan Assistance: www.disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
Martin County Emergency Management has requested FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers from the State. Once the locations have been identified and FEMA staff is ready to open the centers, we will share the information.
FPL crews are restoring power safely and as quickly as possible. As of 5 pm today, in Martin County, they have restored 73,720 customers and 15% remain without power. They estimate power restoration to essentially all customers along the east coast service territory by end of day, Sept. 17.
Relief from the heat
- Hobe Sound Public Library, Elisabeth Lahti Library (Indiantown) and Robert Morgade Library (Stuart) have extended their hours until 8 pm on Friday.
- Treasure Coast Mall is open 10 am – 9 pm Friday and Saturday and 12 -6 pm Sunday.
- Sailfish Splash Water Park will open its doors to the public from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday, September 15. For $5.95 per day, patrons will have access to the interactive splash playground, learn to swim pool and even a hot shower. The gift shop and concessions will also be open. To buy tickets online for this “Family Fun Friday” special opening, go to www.SailfishSplash.com/buy. Season pass holders will enter for free at 10:30 a.m.
Residents who may need to use a shelter should call 772-287-1652 for assistance.
Parks and Beaches
The following parks remain CLOSED:
- Charlie Leighton Park boat ramps
- Greenfield Park
- Jensen Beach Community Center
- Phipps Park
- Martin County Golf Course
- Twin Rivers Park