June is Great Outdoors Month
As the summer weather rolls in, people across the country are spending more time enjoying the great outdoors. During Great Outdoors Month, visitors are encouraged to get outdoors and enjoy recreational opportunities.
Florida State Parks is proud to be a part of Great Outdoors Month and has multiple activities for you and your family and friends to enjoy. Florida’s state parks are the perfect place to visit miles of beaches and refreshingly cool freshwater springs. Learn more about nature and remain healthy and active while enjoying the great outdoors.
June is also filled with many various events which offer you and friends an excuse to explore outdoors. Check out the below dates and areas where you can explore and make the best out of your first month of summer.
Other Events in June
- June – Camping Month
- Sat. June 6 – First Weekend Union Garrison at Fort Clinch State Park from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sat. June 6 – Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings and World War II: An Author’s Experience at Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Historic State Park from noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Sat. June 13 – Ocala Plein Air at Silver Springs State Park
- Sat. June 13 – Beach Cleanup at John D. MacArthur Beach State Park from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Sat. June 20 and Sun. June 21 – The Battle of Bloody Mose at Fort Mose Historic State Park from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sun. June 21 – Father’s Day and First Day of Summer
- Sun. June 21 – Cars and Cigars at The Barnacle Historic State Park from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.