Indian River EOC IRMA update Sept 7
September 7, 2017
County Administrator Jason Brown declared a local state of emergency at 1:00 PM today. All Indian River
County Offices will be closed on Friday and Monday. Most banks and stores are closing Friday at noon. Voluntary evacuation orders are in effect for low lying areas, substandard housing and manufactured homes, and those who may be impacted by storm surge such as the barrier island and areas east of US 1. Mandatory evacuation for those areas will begin on Saturday at 8:00 AM. Emergency shelters will open on Saturday at 8:00 AM. The following shelters will open:
- Freshman Learning Center, 1507 19th Street
- Oslo Middle School, 480 20th Avenue SW
- Sebastian River Middle, 9400 CR 512
- Fellsmere Elementary School, 50 North Cypress Street
- Liberty Magnet, 6850 81st Street
- Treasure Coast Elementary, 8955 85th Street
As those shelters open and begin to fill, the need to open other will be assessed.
The Emergency Operations Center will hold another media briefing tomorrow, at 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM.