Indian River County Shelter and Evacuation Information Sept 1 2019
In conjunction with our partners at the School District of Indian River County, the following shelters will open Monday, September 2, 2019 at noon:
- Treasure Coast Elementary, 8955 85th Street – Special Needs Shelter (this shelter only will open at 8:00 AM)
- Liberty Magnet Elementary, 6580 81st Street – Pet Friendly Shelter
- Fellsmere Elementary, 50 N. Cypress Street – General Population
- Sebastian River Middle, 9400 CR 512 – General Population
- Freshman Learning Center, 1507 19th Street – General Population
- Oslo Middle School, 480 20th Ave SW – General Population
Mandatory evacuations will begin at 8:00 AM on Monday, September 2, 2019, for all areas east of US Highway 1 including the barrier island. Mandatory evacuations will also include all low lying areas and those in manufactured or substandard housing.
Uber has announced free round trip rides to Florida Shelter locations for those seeking transportation. For more information visit https://www.uber.com/blog/florida/hurricane-dorian/
Here is our plan going into the storm.
Please make sure to bookmark our Hurricane Center.
As long as we can post we will continue to update and all the posts with be.
Sign up for alerts and you will get all the posts.
Sign up for alerts and daily digests- free all the time not just disasters www.treasurecoast.com
We will update Facebook as long as we can. https://www.facebook.com/Treasurecoast/
If all else fails I will be tweeting from my personal account.