FPUA to Resume Disconnects for Non-Payment
Fort Pierce, FL, October 16, 2020 – Fort Pierce Utilities Authority (FPUA) is scheduled to begin disconnects for non-payment on Wednesday, October 21, 2020. Past due account holders scheduled for disconnection will receive an automated call. If you receive an automated call from FPUA, we urge you to contact our Customer Service Call Center immediately to discuss your account at 772-466-1600.
Knowing that the Coronavirus pandemic has greatly impacted the St. Lucie County community economically, we remind you that the following assistance continues to be available.
* Project Care COVID-19 Relief Fund is available to residential customers experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please contact Mustard Seed Ministries of Fort Pierce at 772-465-6021 or ALPI (Agricultural & Labor Program, Inc.) at 844-356-8138 to schedule an appointment. Eligibility requirements apply.
* St. Lucie County CARES Act funding provides financial assistance to St. Lucie County residents who experienced economic hardship caused by the COVID-19 crisis. Visit www.recoverstlucie.org<http://www.recoverstlucie.org> for information, eligibility criteria, and application or call the St. Lucie County CARES Public Information Line at 772-462-1705, Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
* St. Lucie County is offering grant funding of up to $10,000 to St. Lucie County small businesses that were closed or financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit www.recoverstlucie.org<http://www.recoverstlucie.org> for further information and eligibility requirements.
Connecting with FPUA Customer Service
* The Customer Service call center (772-466-1600, ext. 3900) has extended hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. We urge customers with a past-due balance to call and set up payment arrangements to avoid assessment of late fees and disconnection of services.
* Email Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>. Please include name, address and account number.
* The drive-thru window has extended hours from 7:30 am-5:00 pm. The drive-thru is typically very busy in the morning, visit late morning or early afternoon to shorten wait times.
* The 24-hour Kiosk is available on the west side of the building at 206 S 6th Street and accepts cash, credit/debit cards, and check payments.
Alternative Payment Options*
* Remote Payment Locations
* Quick Pay, including PayNearMe Locations
* Phone Payment Options, including by text
* Mobile Payment Options, including internet and auto pay
About FPUA: Fort Pierce Utilities Authority is a municipal utility whose mission is “to provide our customers with economical, reliable, and friendly service in a continuous effort to enhance the quality of life in our community.” Fort Pierce is one of more than 2,000 communities in the United States served by a community-owned electric utility, and one of very few who also provide water, wastewater, natural gas, and Internet services. Public utility systems are owned by the people they serve. All benefits from our locally controlled utility remain right here in the community. Additional information is available at www.fpua.com<http://www.fpua.com>.