Fish kill hotline established
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has established a fish kill hotline. Residents are asked to call 800-636-0511 to report fish kills, diseased fish, or fish with other abnormalities. Please leave a detailed report and contact information on the recorded message. A biologist will contact the caller, usually the following workday, if more information is needed.
A new map released by FWC shows low levels of red tide have been detected in St. Lucie County.
Samples taken Monday and posted Wednesday evening by the FWC:
- Sandsprit Park (near St. Lucie Inlet): Very low concentration
- Indian Riverside Park (Indian River Lagoon): Not present
- Jensen Beach: Very low concentration
St. Lucie County
- Waveland Beach: Very low concentration
- Dollman Park Beach: Very low concentration
- Normandy Bay Beach: Not present
- Ocean Bay: Not present
- Walton Rocks Beach: Not present
- East Midway Road (Indian River Lagoon): Not present