Find Fellow Readers Through St. Lucie County Libraries’ Book Groups This November
- LUCIE COUNTY – Be thankful for the written word this month as the St. Lucie County Library System continues to offer a variety of book groups at different branches. The schedule for November is:
- Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 2 p.m., featuring “Hour of the Witch” by Chris Bohjalianat the Lewis Branch’s Wednesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 2950 SW Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie -772-871-5470.
- Thursday, Nov. 3 at 6 p.m. featuring “Homegoing” by Yaa Gyasi at the Kilmer Branch’s Thursday Evening Book Discussion Group (In-person or via Zoom by calling 772-462-2199 for more information), 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce.
- Friday, Nov. 4 at 3:30 p.m., featuring “Big Little Lies” by Liane Moriarty at the Lakewood Park Branch Friday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce – 772-462-6870.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 2 p.m. featuring “Klara and the Sun” by Kazuo Ishiguro at the Morningside Branch’s Tuesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 2410 Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie – 772-337-5632.
- Thursday, Nov. 10 at 2 p.m. featuring “Gorky Park” based on the book by Martin Cruz Smith at the Lewis Branch Page-to-Screen Movie and Discussion. Pick up the book to read before we watch the movie and discuss. Contact Maureen Gallagher for more information at 772-871-5470.
- Thursday, Nov. 17 at 10:30 a.m. featuring “Vera” by Carol Edgarian at the Kilmer Branch’s Thursday Morning Book Discussion Group, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce – 772-462-1615.
- Friday, Nov. 18 at 1 p.m. featuring “All the Kings Men” based on the book by Robert Penn Warren at the Kilmer Library’s Page-to-Screen Movie and Discussion, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce. Pick up the book to read before we watch the movie and discuss. Contact Jenn Johnson for more information at 772-462-2199.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 6 p.m. featuring “Thursday Murder Club” by Richard Osmanat the Morningside Branch’s Mystery Lovers Book Discussion Group, 2410 Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie – 772-337-5632.
These drop-in programs are open to all adults and offered at no charge. A limited number of copies of the monthly selection are available for checkout at the branch.
For those book lovers who crave social interactions, but aren’t comfortable or able to meet in person, there is a Virtual Book Group on:
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 2 & 7 p.m. featuring “Stardust” by Neil Gaiman at the Zoom Book Group. Check out your digital copy of the book on our website – unlimited copies will be available and pre-register using our online form at www.stlucielibrary.org. Additional information and a link to join the meeting will be sent via email. If you have questions about this meeting, please call 772-462-2199 for assistance.
For more information about other St. Lucie County Library programs, visit:www.stlucielibrary.org.