Enjoy a Book with Friends through St. Lucie County Libraries’ Book Groups
- LUCIE COUNTY – Get inspired to read more and meet new people through St. Lucie County Library System’s various book groups. The March In-person Book Groups will take place:
- Wednesday, March 2 at 2 p.m., featuring “Homegoing” by Yaa Gyasi at the Lewis Branch’s Wednesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 2950 SW Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie -772-871-5470.
Thursday, March 3 at 6 p.m. featuring “The Invisible Life of Addie Larue ” by V.E Schwab at the Kilmer Branch’s Thursday Evening Book Discussion Group (In person or Zoom by calling 772-462-2199 for more information), 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce – 772-462-1615.
- Friday, March 4 at 3:30 p.m. featuring “Being Mortal” by Atul Gawande at the Lakewood Park Branch’s Friday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce – 772-462-6870.
- Tuesday, March 8 at 2 p.m. featuring “The Day the World Came to Town” by Jim DeFede at the Morningside Branch’s Tuesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 2410 Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie – 772-337-5632.
Thursday, March 17 at 10:30 a.m. featuring “Deacon King Kong” by James McBride at the Kilmer Branch’s Thursday Morning Book Discussion Group, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce – 772-462-1615.
- Friday, March 18 at 1 p.m. featuring “Brooklyn” (2015). Read the book at home, watch the movie at the library and join the discussion. Based on the book by Colm Toibin, an Irish immigrant lands in 1950s Brooklyn, where she quickly falls into a romance with a local. When her past catches up with her, however, she must choose between two countries and the lives that exist within.
Monday, March 21 at 2 p.m. featuring “The Family Plot” by Megan Collins at the Pruitt Campus Library’s An Hour to Kill Book Group: Mysteries & Thrillers, 500 NW California Blvd., Port St. Lucie – 772-336-6380.
- Tuesday, March 29 at 6 p.m. featuring “When the Stars Go Dark” by Paula McClain at the Morningside Branch’s Mystery Lovers Book Discussion Group, 2410 Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie – 772-337-5632.
These drop-in programs are open to all adults and offered at no charge. A limited number of copies of the monthly selection are available for check out at the branch.
For those book lovers who crave social interactions, but aren’t comfortable or able to meet in person, there is a Virtual Book Group on:
- Wednesday, March 30 at 2 and 7 p.m., featuring “The Guest List” by Lucy Foley. Check out your digital copy of the book on our website – unlimited copies will be available and pre-register using our online form at www.stlucielibrary.org. Additional information and a link to join the meeting will be sent via email. If you have questions about this meeting please call 772-462-2199 for assistance.
For more information about other St. Lucie County Library programs visitwww.stlucielibrary.org.