Adult Programing Continues at St. Lucie County Libraries
- LUCIE COUNTY – Libraries offer a wealth of learning opportunities thanks to St. Lucie County Library’s variety of adult programs.
Adult Programs for May include:
- Garden Chat focused on summer gardening on Wednesday, May 4 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Lakewood Park Library.
- Celebrate National Bike Month with a Florida Bicycle Association Lecture on Tuesday, May 10 at 10 a.m. at the Kilmer Library. The Florida Bicycle Association presents safety tips on sharing the roads and trails. Bring your bicycle-related questions or stories.
Looking for a new career? Don’t miss the Job Search Strategies workshop on Tuesday, May 10 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Morningside Library. Presented by Career Source, this workshop provides job seekers with key information regarding a successful job search process. Hands-on practice included.
- Get Hooked – Beginning Crochet on Wednesday, May 11 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Lewis Branch. Explore the fun of crochet. Learn a new craft or brush up on old skills. All materials supplied, but you are welcome to bring your own hooks. The first of a three-part series.
- Treasure Coast Genealogical Society will host a free workshop on Tuesday, May 17 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Kilmer Library. St. Lucie County Clerk & Comptroller Michelle R. Miller will discuss available resources at the Clerk & Comptroller’s office related to genealogy research.
Adult Tekken Video Tournament on PS4 on Tuesday, May 17 from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Lewis Library. Why should kids have all the fun? Join our adult tournament.
- History in Miniature Memorial Day Diorama Display at the Morningside Library on Thursday, May 19 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, May 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, May 21 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Morningside Library. Join Enrico Capo, the builder, for a discussion on some of the history represented in the various dioramas that he will have on display. All ages welcomed.
- Ukulele Jam on Thursday, May 19 at 5:30 p.m. at the Morningside Branch. In partnership with the Treasure Coast Ukulele Club, bring your own instrument or check one out from the library.
Feel Good Friday Craft on Friday, May 20 from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. at the Lewis Library. Make your own summer wreath. All supplies provided.
- The Astronomer’s Book of Days on Saturday, May 21 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the Kilmer Library. Indian River State College’s Hallstrom Planetarium Director Jon Bell shares stories from his book, and space songs as the “Singing Astronomer.” He’ll also provide a safe, guided telescopic view of our nearest star (weather permitting). Open to all ages.
Tissue Paper Bouquets on Friday, May 27 at 2:30 p.m. at the Lakewood Park Library. Make a colorful assortment of tissue paper flowers to create your very own bouquet. All supplies provided.
Weekly Events for Adults:
- Gardening Advice at the Morningside Branch: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Writer’s Workshop at the Morningside Branch on Thursdays at 9 a.m.
- Off the Hook Crochet session at the Hurston Branch on Thursdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Don’t forget the library has specialized equipment available from sewing machines at the Hurston Branch to 3D printing and vinyl cutting equipment at the Lewis Branch. Additionally, the Lewis Library gallery space for local artists to hang paintings, drawings or photographs. For more information call Samantha Noyes at 772-837-5482 or email email@example.com.
All of these events are free. St. Lucie County Libraries are located at:
- Susan B. Kilmer Branch, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce / 772-462-1615
- Lakewood Park Branch, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce / 772-462-6870
- Zora Neale Hurston Branch, 3008 Avenue D, Fort Pierce / 772-462-2154
- Morningside Branch, 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie / 772-337-5632
- Port St. Lucie Branch, 180 SW Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie / 772-871-5450
- Paula A. Lewis Branch, 2950 SW Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie / 772-871-5470
Additional information can be found at www.stlucielibrary.org.