Hurricane IRMA EOC Updates
- All City of Vero Beach Recreation facilities and activities/programs held at Leisure Square, the Vero Beach Community Center, Riverside Racquet Complex and the fountains at Royal Palm Pointe will be closed beginning Friday, September 8th until further notice. In addition, City beaches including Jaycee Beach, Humiston Beach and South Beach will be unguarded beginning Friday, September 8th until further notice. Please visit www.covb.org for updates.
- The Office of the Clerk to the Board and the Value Adjustment Board will be closed on Thursday, September 7, 2017 and Friday, September 8, 2017. The deadline to file a Petition with the Indian River County Value Adjustment Board has been extended to Wednesday, September 13th due to Hurricane Irma.
The Mental Health Collaborative will be closed on Thursday, September 7 and Friday, September 8. Executive Director Brett Hall will be on call should a community need arise.
- The City of Sebastian will be open until noon on Friday, September 8. The Sebastian City Clerk’s Office will be staffed until 4:30 PM on Friday for elections qualifications.
The Indian River County Property Appraiser’s Office will be closed at noon on Thursday, September 7th, and all day Friday, September 8th.
Indian River County Traffic Operations is reducing the number of signal heads at all span wire intersection in preparation for Hurricane Irma. There will be only one signal head for each direction at most intersections. We are requesting that the public take extra care at these intersections.
- Waste Management will continue normal garbage and recycling service until Saturday morning.
- The following Indian River County Facilities will be closed beginning Friday:
- Shooting Range
- Aquatic Centers
- Intergenerational Center
- Sandridge Golf Course**
*The Brackett Library will also be closed on Thursday
**Sandridge will provide tee times until noon on Friday.