Photo Credit: Michael Evans
Fort Pierce is among the oldest communities on the east coast of Florida with its rich history beginning in 1837 when Lt. Benjamin K. Pierce built the fort that was the headquarters for the U.S. Army during the Seminole Indian War. After the war Fort Pierce, its accessible waterways and later Flagler’s railway gave rise to commerce that would make the city the economic hub of the Treasure Coast with fishing, canning of fish, pineapple and citrus. Today that transportation network includes the Florida Turnpike, Interstate 95, the St. Lucie County International Airport and the Port of Fort Pierce. More about Fort Pierce...
Latest News in Fort Pierce
- St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara announces upcoming radKIDS self-defense class for children.
- radKIDS class in June will help children deal with attempted abduction, bullying, personal safety, stranger safety and more, according to St. Lucie Co Read More
- A Salute to Our Dedicated Veterans
- In 2005, Tony Ricigliano and Peter Popolizio, both Korean War Veterans began a quest to designed, build and dedicate a local memorial to the Kor Read More
- Tradition Studios buyer defaults on requirements, sale not happening as planned
- The sale of Port St. Lucie’s Tradition Studios, for which there was a contract pending with Legacy TSP, LLC, will not occur as planned because L Read More
- DLF Media Moves to New Offices
- DLF Media, one of the longest operating Advertising/Marketing companies on the Treasure Coast has moved. The new offices are located at 1597 SE Read More
- Find Your Family with Genealogy Workshops at the Fort Pierce Library
- The Treasure Coast Genealogical Society (TCGS) will help you track down lost family members with workshops and individual assistance at the Fort Pierc Read More
- No Bear Hug This Time When Obama Sees Pizza Shop Owner
- There was no bear hug this time from the Fort Pierce pizza shop owner who got to see President Obama on Sunday. Sunday, the President Read More