Fort Pierce is among the oldest communities on the east coast of Florida with its rich history beginning in 1837 when Lt. Benjamin K. Pierce built the fort that was the headquarters for the U.S. Army during the Seminole Indian War. After the war Fort Pierce, its accessible waterways and later Flagler’s railway gave rise to commerce that would make the city the economic hub of the Treasure Coast with fishing, canning of fish, pineapple and citrus. Today that transportation network includes the Florida Turnpike, Interstate 95, the St. Lucie County International Airport and the Port of Fort Pierce. More about Fort Pierce...
Latest News in Fort Pierce
- Police Officers to show Kids the Giving Spirit of the Holidays
- Event: Fort Pierce Shop With A Cop Date: Monday, December 23, 2013 Time: 10:00 a.m. Location: Wal-Mart, 5100 Okeechobee Road in Fort Pierce &nb Read More
- The BIG Fort Pierce Holiday Gun Show is this weekend!
- The BIG Ft. Pierce Holiday Gun Show is this weekend at the Saint Lucie County Fairgrounds! Hundreds of vendors and thousands of Christmas gift Read More
- St. Lucie County Sheriffs' deputies arrest of three fitness center car burglars could lead Treasure Coast law agencies to solve 15 or more cases, according to St. Lucie County Sheriff Mascara
- Good old fashioned police work paid off Monday when a St. Lucie County Sheriff's deputy staking out a fitness center parking lot for car burglars arre Read More
- Learn To Eat The Weeds With Green Deane Dec. 15
- Would you like some cattails with that salad? How about some marlberry jam fresh from Florida’s wild garden for those dinner rolls? Florida is r Read More
- December 2, 2013
- Folk Music Jam and Sing Along at the Botanical Gardens
- The Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens is hosting an old fashioned Folk Music Jam and Sing Along with The Sunset Folk on Wednesday, Dec. 4 from 7 to 9 p Read More