Photo Credit: Barbara Oliver Photography
Fort Pierce is among the oldest communities on the east coast of Florida with its rich history beginning in 1837 when Lt. Benjamin K. Pierce built the fort that was the headquarters for the U.S. Army during the Seminole Indian War. After the war Fort Pierce, its accessible waterways and later Flagler’s railway gave rise to commerce that would make the city the economic hub of the Treasure Coast with fishing, canning of fish, pineapple and citrus. Today that transportation network includes the Florida Turnpike, Interstate 95, the St. Lucie County International Airport and the Port of Fort Pierce. More about Fort Pierce...
05/16/15 - Flavor Run 5k Ft Pierce 05/29/15 - Willy Wonka, JR.
Things To Do in Fort Pierce
05/16/15 - Flavor Run 5k Ft Pierce
05/29/15 - Willy Wonka, JR.
Latest News in Fort Pierce
- Former Digital Domain Studios Finally Has New Owner
- The former Digital Domain studios finally have a new owner. Monday night the Port St Lucie City Council unanimously approved Read More
- St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office, Port St. Lucie Police Department arrest 18-year-old Montel James Jones for rash of burglaries
- The Sunday night arrest of Montel James Jones of Port St. Lucie solved a rash of burglaries in the Hidden Pines Drive, area of southern St. Lu Read More
- New Professional Joins the Property Appraiser Team
- The Saint Lucie County Property Appraiser’s Office is excited to announce that a new professional has joined their team. Read More
- 2-Year Old Victim Of Drive By Shooting Has Died
- The 2-year old girl who was the victim of a drive by shooting in Fort Pierce has died. The shooting happened last Monday night. &nbs Read More
- Hurston Library Welcomes Tech Savvy Seniors
- FORT PIERCE – The Zora Neale Hurston Branch Library invites all computer-savvy seniors or those looking to become computer savvy to attend the T Read More