Welcome to Grant-Valkaria
Since the 1880’s The Villages of Grant and Valkaria have existed in harmony within the borders of Brevard County.
On July 25, 2006 these two communities were joined by referendum. Due to an act of law it created the single Incorporated Town of Grant-Valkaria. It was founded in order to secure the local benefits of self-government, preserve their history, protect their future, maintain a rural quality of life, and foster responsible, community-controlled growth.
The town’s population was 3,850 at the 2010 United States Census.
The community of Grant was originally established in 1925, and it has a history as a fishing village, with agriculture also a part of both communities’ histories.
The community name of Valkaria derives from Valkyrie, a warrior-maiden of Norse mythology.
A MISTRAM missile tracking system was built by the US Air Force here in the early 1960s.
The town has held the Grant Seafood Festival every year on the last weekend of February since 1966. The proceeds go towards college scholarships for local children, as well as summer break activities for the community’s children.
Most noteworthy, the town also has the historic Bensen House.
Hiking: Grant Flatwoods Sanctuary Trails
New1/17 Dog Friendly Brevard County