Fun, safe Halloween options abound in the City of Port St. Lucie
PORT ST. LUCIE, FL – There’s no shortage of ways to get into the Halloween spirit this October in the City of Port St. Lucie.
With events planned for toddlers to teens to adults, our guide will help you set your calendar in these weeks leading up the spookiest holiday of the year:
- The City’s Special Recreation participants, family and friends are invited to spend an evening of haunted fun at our annual Super Spooky Halloween Dance at the Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd on, Wednesday, Oct. 18 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. This dance and Halloween party is for Special Recreation participants ages 15 and older. Cost is $5 per person in advance and $6 at the door. For more information, please call 772-878-2277.
- The City’s Parks & Recreation Department is throwing a Halloween party for all ages at theHaunted Happenings event at the Port St. Lucie Community Center on, Friday, Oct. 20 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Join us at this spooktacular party that will include dancing, games, candy and fun contests. The cost is $5 per person.
- Port St. Lucie’s youngest residents can enjoy a morning of not-so-scary Halloween Fund at Haunted House Time at Minsky Gym, 750 SW Darwin Blvd., on Thursday, Oct. 26 from 10:30 a.m. to noon.This event will have Halloween snacks and lots of spooky fun. Kids, remember to wear your costumes, and parents remember to bring your camera. Participation by parents is greatly encouraged. This is a drop-in program, no pre-registration. This event is for children ages 1 to 5, with a parent or guardian. The cost is $3 per child. For more information, contact 772-344-4142.
- Block the weekend of Oct. 27, 28 and 29, Friday through Sunday, for 2017 Fall Fun Fest, Port St. Lucie’s annual celebration of fall, which will take place outside the Port St. Lucie Civic Center. Festival goers will enjoy a weekend of live music, entertainment, a variety of traditional carnival food and midway carnival rides. This year’s festival also will feature the first Port St. Lucie’s Got Talent show, so make sure to check out the live entertainment acts throughout the weekend. Kids, make sure to wear your costume for trick-or-treating on Saturday evening from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Fall Fun Fest will run from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 26; noon to 11 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28 and 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 29. Admission is free and wristbands for rides cost $20, or $1 per ticket.
- Spend Halloween night trick-or-treating among nature at Bootanical Halloween on Oct. 31 from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, 2410 SE Westmoreland Blvd. This year is bigger and better than ever, and for the first time, will feature haunted hayrides. Come in costume and trick or treat in the secure and serene Gardens. This event is free and open to children 0 to 13 years old and their families. Children must be accompanied by an adult, no drop offs. For more information, please call the Botanical Gardens at 772-337-1959.