City of Port St. Lucie Advisory on Hurricane Irma # 10
As of 12:30pm Saturday, the City of Port St. Lucie has these important updates:\
- City Hall will be closed to normal business on Monday, September 11, 2017 to enable staff resources to concentrate on post-event evaluation and clean-up operations.
- Reminder: The Special Port St. Lucie City Council meeting – the budget hearing – that was scheduled for 7 p.m., Monday, Sept. 11, 2017, is CANCELED. This meeting is tentatively rescheduled to Monday, Sept. 25, 2017. The Regular City Council meeting scheduled for 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 11, 2017 will still be held
- Please be aware that Utility Systems will not be dispatching field crews when wind speeds have exceeded 39 miles per hour. The safety of our staff is our number one priority. Our employees will weather the storm and return to the field as soon as it is safe to do so. We appreciate your understanding.
- Trash pickup has been suspended through Monday. Trash services will resume when the St. Lucie County landfill reopens.
- Code Compliance staff along with the Police Department will be sweeping the City advising citizens, who still have debris out by the roadway, to remove and secure it until the event has passed to help protect life and property.
- The Neighborhood Services Department will be keeping a list of anyone wishing to volunteer after the storm event. Volunteers will be matched with the needs of the community to the extent resources are available. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information.
The City would like to remind residents:
- Please continue to minimize your water usage, as we are expecting a lot of rain during this storm, which will affect the low-pressure wastewater and gravity systems.
- We also recommend conserving water during a power outage, not because there will be a water shortage, but because water going down the drain or toilet will quickly fill up your sewer system.
Without power, the system will not be able to pump the water down.
- All properties (residential and commercial) must not have open storage where projectiles can cause property damage and other safety concerns.
- Customers may call (772) 873-6400 with any questions or concerns about their water service. They may also make a payment through our automated phone system or online at utility.cityofpsl.com.
- If residents have specific hurricane-related questions regarding Port St. Lucie, they can call 772-871-7315. The City’s information hotline, 772-873-6397 also is activated. The city has set up a webpage at www.cityofpsl.com/irma where information for residents will be updated frequently. The City’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/cityofpsl/ and the City’s Twitter page, https://twitter.com/CityPortStLucie also will have up-to-the-minute information.
Please check the City’s website for the latest information, closures, cancellations and helpful links: www.CityofPSL/Irma